General membership meetings normally are held at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of each month from April to October in the conference room at the Sandia Ranger Station in Tijeras. (No meetings are held November through March.) Meetings include brief reports from the FOSM President, Projects Chair, and Treasurer followed by an informative presentation on a subject pertinent to our mission
The FOSM Vice-President is responsible for arranging speakers for these meetings.
Summaries of previous meetings are available via the dropdown menu above or by clicking on a link at the bottom of this page. Due to the COVID pandemic, no meetings were held in 2020, and all meetings in 2021 and 2022 were held by Zoom. Absent unforeseen circumstances, in-person meetings will resume on April 4, 2023.
The roster of speakers for our 2023 meetings is complete. Results from the weighted-choice poll conducted of members of the board of directors in January 2022 were used in choosing speakers.
- April 4, 2023 – Sandia Ranger District update and priorities. Crystal Powell and Julie Padilla
- May 2, 2023 – Albuquerque Mountain Bike Association (AMBA). Hannah Russert
- June 6, 2023 – International Mountain Medicine Center. Trevor Mayachak
- July 11, 2023 – Bernalillo County Open Space. Adam Splitek (note week delay because of holiday)
- August 1, 2023 – Cibola Search and Rescue. Shannon Braune
- September 5, 2023 – Sandia Natural History Center. Paul Mauermann
- October 3, 2023 – FOSM year-end update and election results. Mike Madden
Pauline Ho has graciously volunteered to talk about the trip she and Rick Buss recently made to Midway Atoll, where they served as volunteer albatross counters, should one of the scheduled speakers have to drop out.